MEMBERSHIP AND FUNDRAISING VOLUNTEER
The Feminist Libraries and Archives Network is an international, UK based network of individuals and organisations interested and/or involved in feminist history, it’s promotion and preservation. The network was established 2014 and since then has sought to strengthen and forge new bonds of solidarity between feminist and women’s archives and libraries across the world. FLA manages an ever-evolving directory of feminist and women’s libraries and archives, and holds quarterly meetings which are an opportunity for members and guests to network as well as to share knowledge and experience within the sector.
In order to expand our work, FLA is seeking volunteers to help with membership and fundraising. We’re looking for people who can volunteer at least 4 hours a month and ideally for a minimum of 6 months. This is an opportunity to develop your skills in fundraising; gain experience working for a grassroots feminist organisation; and meet new people within the archival and library community. A commitment to feminism and preserving feminist histories is essential.
Title: Membership & Fundraising Volunteer
Location: London/Remote working
Salary: Volunteer role
Hours: 4 hours per month (minimum)
About the role
- Liaise with FLA members via email regarding membership payment
- Promote FLA membership at quarterly meetings, in newsletter and via social media
- Identify potential fundraising sources for FLA (in consultation with the FLA Administrator)
- Write funding applications/grant proposals for FLA
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
There is no essential membership or fundraising experience for this voluntary role however the following is desirable:
- Knowledge of general fundraising practices, approaches and environment
- Knowledge of how to attract and maintain new supporters for a charitable cause
- Experience developing cases for support and/or funding proposals
- Strong IT proficiency, including MS Office (essential); MailChimp and WordPress
- Professional and confident communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong organisational skills including effective prioritising of work
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with little or no supervision
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, with the ability to work collaboratively
- A good understanding of fundraising and the charity sector
- Sympathetic to and supportive of the FLA manifesto
Please send a CV and brief covering letter explaining your suitability and why you would like to volunteer with us, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any questions regarding the role can be directed to the FLA Administrator at the same email address.